Iracore International's engineering and design team is continually
developing new and creative cost saving solutions to "wear" problems.
Using our sophisticated CAD design capabilities, mill parts previously
made out of steel can now be custom engineered to take
advantage of the benefits offered by rubber and urethane.
These engineered parts are designed to be structurally sound and
100% repairable after a predetermined period of operating time.
Engineered mill part applications are limited only by recognition of
the need. The ability to repair and reuse these parts at a fraction of
new replacement costs represents a significant cost savings to our
Engineered Rubber Discharge Mill Head
Industrial Rubber Applicator's patented Discharge Mill Head is an engineered
product designed to replace the heavy castings on the discharge end of
mills. Each mill head is custom designed to meet the customer's unique
specifications. While Industrial Rubber Applicator's proprietary rubber compound
is most frequently used, other rubber compounds may be used to meet
special requirements. The ability to rebuild and repair these mill
heads significantly reduces replacement costs and eliminates disposal
cost. The use of this product in taconite, copper, and molybdenum
mining companies throughout the US has demonstrated significant cost
One property now utilizing these discharge mill heads estimates the
savings to be approximately $1,800,000 annually, based on an increase
in throughput of +2.01% and a decrease in Kilowatt hours of -3.55%.
- Power cost reduction for turning mills.
- Reduced mill fatigue on trunnions, bearings, etc.
- Potential for increased production - loads in mills.
- Increased processed material throughput.
- Variable rubber thickness facilitating change-out coordination.
- Increased mill shell protection.
- Reduced installation time.
- Rebuild and repair results in reduced replacement and disposal
- Tighter fit for dryer ends and dust control.