Discharge Mill Head and Products
Iracore International’s patented Discharge Mill Head is an engineered product using Iracore’s proprietary urethane or rubber compounds designed to replace the heavy castings on the discharge end of mills. Each mill head is custom designed to meet the customer's unique specifications. The ability to rebuild and repair these mill heads significantly reduces replacement costs and eliminates disposal cost. The use of this product in taconite, copper, gold, silver and molybdenum mining companies throughout the US has demonstrated significant cost savings.
These engineered parts are designed to be structurally sound and 100% repairable after a predetermined period of operating time. Engineered mill part applications are limited only by recognition of the need. The ability to repair and reuse these parts at a fraction of new replacement costs represents a significant cost savings to our customers.
Rubber/Urethane vs. Casting
- Power cost reduction for turning mills.
- Reduced mill fatigue on trunnions, bearings, etc.
- Potential for increased production - loads in mills.
- Increased Safety with less handling
- Increased processed material throughput.
- Variable rubber thickness facilitating change-out coordination.
- Increased mill shell protection.
- Reduced installation time.
- Rebuild and repair results in reduced replacement and disposal costs.
- Tighter fit for dryer ends and dust control.